Junior Achievement of Washington’s Business Hall of Fame Laureates are inspiring men and women whose body of work have deeply impacted their professional and personal communities. The following is the criteria by which these individuals will be selected.
– Who has left an enduring and indelible mark on their local economy and/or the Puget Sound region.
– Whose work has transcended our state’s boundaries, while influencing an industry or the economy on a larger scale.
– Who helped foster – through their business endeavors and/or through their advocacy, or both – a climate for economic development for the region and/or state.
– Who has led with a broad scope of responsibility and talent.
ALIGNS WITH JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT OF WASHINGTON VALUES:
-Whose influence aligns with one or more of Junior Achievement’s pillars: financial education, entrepreneurship, and work and career readiness.
-Who demonstrates business excellence, visionary and innovative leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, and longstanding accomplishments throughout their professional lives.
-Whose contributions and values have improved the lives of others.
-Who demonstrate high moral and ethical principles throughout their careers
-Who as business leaders and individuals were/are models for today’s youth
– Must be 18+
– Self-nominations are accepted
– Laureates must be from the Puget Sound region
– The Nominee cannot be a member of the Review Committee, Selection Committee, or Voting Jury in the same year
– Nominees cannot be a current Junior Achievement employee or have been employed by JA in the last 12 months
If selected as a finalist for the Business Hall of Fame, each Nominee must:
– Attend the in-person ceremony, Tuesday, April 26, 2022 in Seattle. (Museum of Flight)
– Agree that Junior Achievement (JA) of Washington will utilize some of your personal info and contributions in marketing Business Hall of Fame. Agree to be filmed and provide additional individuals to film a tribute video made for each laureate.
– Understand the possibility of having a background check conducted.
– Meet with JA representatives following nomination.
– Be willing to work with JA to explore an overall engagement and collaboration strategy to impact youth alignment with the JA mission.
– Agree to be featured in the physical Business Hall of Fame wall at the Seattle World Trade Center.