Nominations for JA of Washington’s Business Hall of Fame Laureates are now open!
Junior Achievement of Washington’s Business Hall of Fame presented by Delta Air Lines is an opportunity to celebrate and recognize business leaders across Washington state and Northern Idaho. The event day features a half day of virtual workshops for both attendees and invited high school students, culminating in the virtual ceremony honoring our Business Hall of Fame Laureates.
In partnership with Media Sponsor Puget Sound Business Journal, nominations are now open to the public!
We are seeking indivuals:
- Who have left an enduring and indelible mark on their local economy and/or the state of WA with work that transcends our state’s boundaries, while influencing an industry or economies on a larger scale.
- Who helped foster – through their business endeavors and/or through their advocacy, or both – a climate for economic development for the region and/or state.
- Who as business leaders and individuals, are models for today’s youth.
- Whose influence aligns with one or more of Junior Achievement’s pillars: financial education, entrepreneurship, and work and career readiness.
- Who has led with a large scope of responsibility and talent.
- Who demonstrates business excellence, visionary and innovative leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, and longstanding accomplishments throughout their professional lives.
- Whose contributions and values have improved the lives of others.
- Who demonstrate high moral and ethical principles throughout their careers
Nomination Guidelines & Process:
The nomination deadline is Wednesday, March 3, 2021. The nomination process is designed to engage diverse stakeholders with an open nomination process. Nominees will be vetted throughout the process by a review committee. The methodology and process for Business Hall of Fame Nominees have been established with support from Puget Sound Business Journal.
- Must be 18+
- Laureates must be from the JA of Washington regional areas
- The Nominee cannot be a member of the Review Committee, Selection Committee, or Voting Jury in the same year
- Nominators cannot be a member of the Voting Jury in the same year
- Nominees cannot be a current Junior Achievement employee or employed by JA in the last 12 months
- Self-nominations are accepted
- Agree to the Laureate Commitment below
If selected as a finalist for Business Hall of Fame, each Nominee must:
- Agree that Junior Achievement (JA) of Washington will utilize some of your personal info and contributions in marketing Business Hall of Fame.
- Agree to create a video in collaboration with JA to be used for promotion of the Nominee for Business Hall of Fame and for educational purposes to inspire youth and JA constituents. (Filming deadline: April 15, 2021)
- Understand the possibility of having a background check conducted.
- Meet (virtually) with JA representatives following nomination.
- Be willing to work with JA to explore an overall engagement and collaboration strategy to impact youth alignment with the JA mission.
- Agree to be featured in the physical Business Hall of Fame wall at the Seattle World Trade Center.