JA students, enter to win a laptop!
Junior Achievement of Washington is giving away 3 HP 250 G5 laptops, generously donated by Spectrum, to JA students (grades 5-12) in Eastern Washington! To enter, students must submit a video describing an innovative and original idea on innovation during distance learning. See below for the official rules. Good luck to all participants!
1) Video Submission
Video: All entries must be a digital video – the topic for the video is: “If there has been a positive to this pandemic, it is innovation. If you could create a product/service to support students, parents, and/or teachers during distance learning, what would it be?”
The length of the video should not exceed 60 seconds and must be filmed horizontally.
Videos will be judged on the following criteria: Creativity and originality; understanding of subject matter; relevance of response to topic question
- Applicants should use only their first name in the video and no other personally identifiable information, such as last names, school’s name, etc.
- Videos must be the original work of the applicant. Any video that violates these rules will be disqualified and any awards received will be rescinded.
- No copywrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request.
- Adults are permitted to give guidance, be actors, or camera operators, but not content contributors.
- No offensive or sensitive content will be tolerated, that includes religions/anti-religious, racial, political, obscene, violent, or pornographic content. Criminal activity prohibited.
- Videos should either be in English or contain accurate English subtitles.
2) Who May Enter
- Applicant must be a student enrolled in 5th-12th grade at an accredited school or accredited home school program.
- Applicants must have participated in a JA program.
- Three JA of WA offices are participating in this contest: Southeastern WA (Tri-Cities/Walla Walla), Central WA (Yakima/Wenatchee), and Eastern WA/Northern ID (Spokane). Applicants must attend school in one of the participating regions and surrounding areas.
- Immediate family members of employees of Junior Achievement are ineligible.
- Each applicant may enter only one video submission.
3) How to Enter
Applicant must submit their video to Junior Achievement before 11:59pm (PST) on September 30, 2020. Videos received after this date and time will not be considered. There is no entry fee.
Submit the following to this Dropbox link:
- Your video as a .mp4 file
- A document that includes your full legal name, email address, phone number, school, and the JA program you participated in
- For applicants under 18, a parent permission form can be found here
The winning videos will be determined by a judging committee selected by Junior Achievement of Washington. (Judge’s decisions are final.) Three grand prize winners will receive one HP 250 5G laptop that will be mailed or delivered to them. The winner will have their videos published on Junior Achievement of Washington’s website.
The winner will be announced on October 15 at 3 pm PST in a virtual presentation. Details forthcoming.